In this week’s podcast, we’re talking about modesty, sexuality, and democracy. Do those three words belong in the same sentence? Of course.
What starts as a conversation about burkinis on the beach evolves into a highly personal discussion about what we wear and why. The high point is our realization that “modesty” means very different things to us: during recording, Sarah’s cozied up in a hooded sweatshirt and Evie’s wearing a tank top and short shorts. Total lightbulb moment! What does that say about us? Where do we stand on style, feminism, and sexuality?
Listen in, subscribe, and leave us a review on iTunes!
- French police make woman remove clothing on Nice beach following burkini ban
- Germany bans Muslim student from wearing niqab face veil in school
- France’s top administrative court overturns burkini ban
- When a swimsuit is a security threat
- From bikinis to burkinis, regulating what women wear
- There’s been a spike in sales for the burkini since the controversy in France began
- Drop of Water In the Ocean by Broke For Free
- Something Elated by Broke For Free
- Departures by Portrayal
Featured image: Mint Press News