So much good reading on the Internet this week! Did you read anything that really struck you? Here are a few of my favs.
- Lena Dunham’s Facebook post about Kanye West’s new music video
- And from Lena’s website, Julianne Moore on when gun safety got personal for her
- “…Satisfying narratives for women’s lives as they exist apart from marriage”: The Female Bachelor
- New Republic just figured out what a Bujo is and why everyone loves them :)
- When you will most likely hit your creative peak, according to science (phew!)
- Turns out Disney princesses aren’t all bad
- The LA Review of Books’ take on Moira Weigel’s Labor of Love: The Invention of Dating, which I’m dying to read:
“Women dated because it was how they could take part in leisure activities that they could not afford with their meager paychecks. In order to gain access to restaurants, movie theaters, amusement parks, and the many other new consumer services proliferating around them, they had to attract and please men, who enjoyed higher earning power. They thus provided a service that men, in turn, paid for. Women’s love lives became work in a way that was, from the beginning, ambiguous.”
See you back on Monday for more #bulletjournalformoms action: how to use your Bujo during your pregnancy. Sooo many ideas to share, plus a giveaway!