Are pink sparkly gowns, tiaras, and tiny plastic heels all part of a harmless dress-up tradition, or does Princess Culture give girls a harmful message about their value in society? Is princess culture either/or?
This week, we’re investigating the appeal of Disney princesses, how they’ve changed over the years, and how differently we both approach Princess Culture with our own kids.
Enjoyed this episode? Please help us grow by leaving us a review on iTunes so others can find us! Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Why Disney Princesses and ‘Princess Culture’ are Bad for Girls
- What’s Wrong with Cinderella?
- Little Girls Gone Wild: Why Daughters Are Acting Too Sexy, Too Soon
- Men and the Sexualization of Young Girls
- When Did We Let Princess Become a Bad Word?
- The unexpected way Disney princesses affect little boys
- Let’s Start at the Beginning by Lee Rosevere
- Covered in Oil by Broke For Free
- Something Elated by Broke For Free