We’ve always thought that being a mom is a super important job—a role we could even put our careers and professional ambitions on hold for. But one of the kids’ Mother’s Day cards has Evie wondering what message she’s been sending to her girls by staying home with them.
How exactly did a six-year-old launch Evie into an “existential crisis” with a single sentence? Tune in to find out and be sure to check out some of the posts we’ve written over the years defending, celebrating, and questioning our roles as stay-at-home moms:
- In a One Parent Working Household, Does the Working Parent Get to Be Bitter?
- A Direct Sales Confession
- 7 Easy Ways to Ruin a Stay-at-home Mom’s Day
- Why I’ll Never Regret Being a Stay-at-Home Mom
- 10 Best Things about Being a Stay-at-home Mom
- What It’s *Really* Like to Be a SAHM
- What Primetime Television Does to the Stay-at-Home Mom Stereotype
- How Mothers Lose Their Identities
- Let’s Start at the Beginning by Lee Rosevere