We’re hard at work on some new episodes of Best Friend Banter. So this week, we’re bringing you a listener favorite from the archives, originally titled “The Princess and the (Over)Protective Parents.”
Are pink sparkly gowns, tiaras, and tiny plastic heels all part of a harmless dress-up tradition, or does Princess Culture give girls a harmful message about their value in society? Is princess culture either/or?
Make sure to stay tuned for a brand new episode next week! And don’t forget, for a limited time, we’re offering listeners $5 Starbucks gift cards just for leaving us a quick review on iTunes. Here’s our step-by-step illustrated guide.
- Why Disney Princesses and ‘Princess Culture’ are Bad for Girls
- What’s Wrong with Cinderella?
- Little Girls Gone Wild: Why Daughters Are Acting Too Sexy, Too Soon
- Men and the Sexualization of Young Girls
- When Did We Let Princess Become a Bad Word?
- The unexpected way Disney princesses affect little boys
- Let’s Start at the Beginning by Lee Rosevere
- Covered in Oil by Broke For Free
- Something Elated by Broke For Free