If you were choking and needed someone to perform the heimlich maneuver, your first choice probably wouldn’t be a teenage boy. But you might make an exception for Eban McKenzie, a 13-year-old boy who saved his best friend’s life.
Eban and Kaden Mancilla were eating lunch in their school cafeteria when Kaden started to choke.
“I was laughing and eating a carrot. I tried to swallow and it just got caught in my throat,” Kaden said (KDVR.com).
The school’s security footage actually shows Eban reacting with unbelievable instinct: coming up behind his friend, wrapping his arms around Kaden’s torso, and pushing that carrot right on out!
Makes you wonder, would you respond that well in a life-or-death situation?
A happy little story to end your week :)
Have a great weekend!
Featured image: AOL.com